Reality Sucks

Reality can sometimes be quite dull. In films, TV programmes, or even the news, reality gets changed and made more dramatic and exciting. It seems that we want the altered, edited and “sexed up” version of reality more than reality itself. Perhaps this is the reason why so many people get caught up (or caught…

The Uniqueness of Uniqueness

We are all unique, in almost every way. From our DNA, to our fingerprints, our eyes, our hair, our personality, our dreams and desires – our uniqueness defines who we are. Funnily enough, uniqueness is completely ubiquitous, it is present throughout the universe. Everything in the universe is unique. There are no two snowflakes, no…

Happy Endings!

Everyone wants a fairytale-style happy ending, right? Everything turns out as planned, for the best, everyone’s happy, dreams are achieved. Movies are great at creating the perfect happy ending, against all odds, where it all just “comes together” in the closing scene. In real life we too want happy endings, our dreams achieved, challenges overcome, happiness…

The Most Valuable Thing On The Planet

What is the most valuable thing on the planet? When we talk about value, we have a tendency to attach a monetary value; what is something worth in Dollars, Pounds, Euros, Yen? Most things, even your happiness, can be attached to an economic value. And, because we live in an economic world, it’s almost impossible…

What Do You Really Care About?

We are often told what we should care about. We are regularly force-fed an agenda of what is important to us and what isn’t. We are told that the economy is something we should all care about, and be fearful about, and be protective of. Whilst the 2008 economic crisis was very serious, we also…

Breaking News

We are living in what is being termed the ‘connection economy’; never before in human history have connections been so important. Social media platforms such as Facebook are worth hundreds of billions of dollars and generate billions of dollars in profit from advertising. We are connected to our mobile devices and the value of our connectivity…

The Hardest Part of An Easy Life

Not doing something is often all too easy. Like not making a difficult decision. Or postponing a difficult conversation. Or not writing a new blog post in six weeks. That’s easy; I just don’t do it. Not exercising is easy. Not dieting is easy. Not prioritising your goals and dreams is easy. Being a passenger…

Cover Versions

Creating original content can be very hard, no matter what your field.  Whether it’s writing, composing, leading a business or even inventing, chances are someone has done it before you. This makes for challenging times, as everyone is trying to bring something new to market, trying to saying something original, trying to tell a new…

Inter-Goal Extinction

Interstellar extinction is the term used when objects in space are not visible to us because matter such as gas, particles and space dust get in the way and block our view. Consequently, there are objects in our own galaxy that we’ve never seen, because the concentrations of gas and dust are greater inside the galaxy…

You Can’t Argue With The Numbers

Numbers, and in particular mathematics, are considered to be the language of science. As such, numbers take on a particularly amazing quality: they’re immediately associated with facts and statistics. For example, did you know that only 1% of people who set out to achieve a goal actually succeed? The other 99% fail or give up.…